Re-animated by the Catholic Community of Renfrew County: 2002
INSPIRED BY OUR RICH HERITAGE AND CHALLENGED BY THE STRUGGLES OF OUR PAST, WE ARE AN INCLUSIVE CATHOLIC EDUCATIONAL COMMUNITY CALLED TO EXPRESS OUR MISSION AS CHURCH TO PASS ON THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST, TO MAKE IT RELEVANT IN THE WORLD TODAY, AND TO BE THE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE.
IN A SPIRIT OF FREEDOM, AFFIRMATION AND CELEBRATION TODAY, WE STRIVE TO…
- Facilitate an active faith journey rooted in prayer and the sacraments.
- Enhance relationships among members of the home, school, parish and extended community.
- Foster a world view shaped by the Catholic conversation about life’s meaning and purpose.
- Nurture the giftedness, self-worth and potential of each individual.
- Reverence the dignity of the whole person.
- Integrate the Catholic faith tradition in a critical analysis of the arts, media and technology.
- Sustain safe school environments characterized by warmth, hospitality, good humour and joy.
OPEN TO MYSTERY AND ENDLESS DISCOVERY IN THE LORD, WE ARE CALLED TO…
- Develop and implement a distinctive Catholic curriculum based on the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations.
- Make a difference as faith-filled community builders. Challenge the consumer culture with lives dedicated to the principles of social justice in the spirit of gospel values.
- Model a servant leadership style following the example of Jesus.
- Claim our role as global stewards cherishing the environment and all life in it.
- Engage in the pursuit of life-long learning.
- Love unconditionally.
This is what Yahweh asks of you: only this, to act justly, to love tenderly and to walk humbly with your God.