To Download a PDF copy of the Principal Designate Acceptance Letter, click HERE
Dear _____________________________ ,
Thank you for agreeing to serve in the role of principal designate during the ___________ school year. Please note that, as of February 1, 2010, the delegation of authority regarding discipline will be restricted to the following points, as per PPM 145 and Policy# P-17A:
- You are delegated the authority to initially deal with situations involving activities that occur thatmust be considered for suspension or expulsion. The most important consideration in these circumstances is the safety of those involved. You must report all details of the initial investigation to the principal as soon as possible.
- You must report to the principal or vice-principal any activities that must be considered for suspension or expulsion that are received from staff or others during the principal’s absence. You may not make suspension decisions or recommendations regarding expulsion of students.
- You are delegated limited authority to contact the parents of a student who has been harmed as the result of an activity for which suspension or expulsion must be considered. The information provided to the parents must be limited to the nature of the harm to the student and the nature of the activity that resulted in the harm.
- You are not delegated the authority to discuss the nature of any discipline measures taken in response to the activity.
- If you are not sure whether you should call the parents, you should contact the principal/vice principal or supervisory officer for direction. The principal or vice-principal will follow up with the parents as soon as possible.
(Principal signature) (date)
Please sign this letter to indicate your willingness to serve as a principal designate in accordance with
article 7 in your collective agreement and under the conditions and limitations outlined in this letter.
(Designate signature) (date)