If you experience problems that cannot be resolved by consulting the information below, please contact Cody Potts for assistance via board e-mail. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Problem using ConnectEd with my Apple computer at home:
If the data for your classes is not displaying properly on your Apple computer, the problem may be caused by incompatibility with Safari. Try using Google Chrome. If that doesn’t seem to work for you you can also try downloading and installing a different internet browser such as Firefox. Firefox is free and the most recent English(US) version for the Mac can be downloaded from the Mozilla website at:
My comment is red (too long), even though it is short:
1. Check to see if there are any blank spaces or lines at the end of your comment. Here’s how: Place the cursor at the end of your comment, then press the right cursor key. The cursor should remain at the end of your comment. If it moves past the end of your comment, delete those extra blank spaces. Then save.
2. If you are sharing a comment box with another teacher (ex. Arts strands are being taught by different teachers) and the other teacher enters a long comment for his/her strand, your comment space may be reduced. Contact the other teacher to negotiate more space for your comment!
How can I check the NA box for one topic for my whole class?
1. Menu > Achievement > Report Card Details > Student Programs by Class
2. Click on the link for your class.
3. Choose the appropriate Term.
4. Choose the appropriate Topic.
5. In the NA column, click on the link for All. This will check the NA box for all of the students in the class.
6. Click on the Save button.
If Report Card Details isn’t available to you, send an e-mail to email@example.com and request to have that option added to your account.
There are students in my class lists that don’t belong there.
When you go to enter marks/comments for a class, make sure there isn’t a check mark beside “Show Deleted Students”.
Math & Language boxes are missing when I use “Class Achievement” for my Progress Reports.
Before you click on your class, make sure there is a check mark in the box beside “Show Totals”.