The Renfrew County Catholic District School Board has created a protocol approved by the Renfrew County District Health Unit for students and/or parents/guardians to access their personal belongings from desks or lockers given that schools remain closed until at least May 31st.
Students and/or parents/guardians interested in accessing their belongings will be required to review and adhere to the protocol below and book an appointment in advance through their school as per the school’s instructions. Appointments will commence the week of May 19th and, as a maximum of 2 members of the public are permitted in the school at any one time, we ask for your patience as we try to accommodate requests. Please watch for more details from your school shortly.
COVID-19 Protocol for Student or Parent/Guardian Access to Retrieve Belongings in Schools
As you are aware, all non-essential businesses in Ontario, including schools, are required to be closed at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. RCCDSB staff and students are not permitted to enter schools. The legislation permits us to have temporary access. Given the extension of the school closure to at least May 31st, the Board has deemed that the gathering of personal belongings can occur under certain conditions set out below.
- Students or parents/guardians will be required to book a time to attend the school property and enter the school building using an appointment booking method determined by the school principal. Please watch for further information from the school.
- The principal, a caretaker and one other staff person will be on site on any day when students or their parent/guardian are accessing their belongings.
- A maximum of two students at a time or a student and parent/guardian can enter the school at the time of their appointment. Exceptions will be made for families where there is more than one sibling. However, it strongly encouraged that only one person per household attend the school to retrieve belongings.
- Prior to entering the building, students/parents/guardians will be asked to indicate where they are going in the school (classroom, locker #) AND verbally attest that they have:
- completed the Ministry of Health on-line self-assessment tool and have received a negative assessment AND are symptom free at: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/#q0
- not travelled in the last 14 days or been in contact with someone who has travelled in the past 14 days.
- not been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or is suspected to have COVID-19, or who has respiratory symptoms (fever, cough, or shortness of breath).
- Students/parents/guardians are to enter and exit through the main entrance only.
- Students/parents/guardians must maintain physical distance of 2 metres or more from each other at all times while in the building.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed at the front entrance both inside and outside. All students or parents/guardians entering must sanitize their hands upon entry and exit.
- Movement is restricted to their desk or locker to retrieve personal belongings and a maximum of 10 minutes is permitted for each student/parent/guardian. Exceptions will be made for a parent/guardian retrieving belongings for multiple children.
- Avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily.
- Do not touch face.
- Students with lockers will be required to leave their locker open when finished and take their lock with them.