Renfrew County Catholic District School Board (RCCDSB) has the safety and well-being of our school communities and broader communities as one of our top priorities. As such, we want to share important information about COVID-19 testing released by the province on Friday May 29.
Testing is now available in Ontario to anyone who:
- has at least one of the symptoms of COVID-19
- has no symptoms but is concerned they have been exposed
- has no symptoms but thinks they are at risk due to employment (i.e., essential/healthcare worker)
- would like to be tested.
A referral is not required in order to be tested, no Ontarian will be declined, and there is no fee for the test.
Testing is being offered in communities across Renfrew County through the Renfrew County Virtual Triage & Assessment Centre (RC VTAC). You are asked to:
- Contact the Renfrew County District Health Unit at 613-732-3629 (https://www.rcdhu.com/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-2/) for more information, or RC VTAC at 1-844-727-6404 (https://rcvtac.ca) for details or to pre-register for a test.
- Wear a face mask or covering when you go to be tested.
- Take your health card and driver’s license.
“Testing is an important element of our efforts to fight the COVID-19 outbreak and a critical component of the provincial re-opening framework. With the recent changes to the testing plan, Ontario now has the most open testing criteria in the country,” stated Stephen Lecce, Minister of Education, in a letter to school board chairs and directors across the province.