The Renfrew County Catholic District School Board wishes to thank our families for your patience as we awaited key provincial decisions to supplement and support our return to school planning which has been ongoing over the past few weeks. We anticipate a number of communication pieces over the coming days and weeks in order to prepare further for return to school. Please watch for regular updates.
In light of Board and Ministry plans for return to schooling in September, all parents are asked to complete the survey found at this link to assist us in our preparations for September: Return to School Survey
Return to School Plan
On July 30th, the province released its Guide to Reopening Ontario’s Schools, which will further guide the planning the Board has undertaken to date. You can find the Board’s Return to School Planning considerations to date here: Return to School Plan. Some key notes for parents and students from the province’s Guide and our own Return to School Plan are listed below Some key notes for parents and students.
- All elementary and secondary school students will be able to return to school full-time;
- The first day of school for pupils (except Kindergarten) is Tuesday, September 8th;
- The return to school is voluntary and based on parent choice – students who remain home will access remote learning;
- The school day has been altered to adhere to a number of public health guidelines including cohorting, minimizing numbers of contacts, adhering to physical distancing and practising safe hygiene including masks for grades 4-12;
- All students must be pre-registered by August 20th in order to ensure cohort integrity and contact tightness;
- While the Renfrew Joint Transportation Consortium is busy working on protocols for bussing, we are asking parents to consider arranging their children’s own transportation to and from school;
- Please expect a number of communications over the coming weeks on detailed safety protocols and related safety procedures on which our staff are actively working;
- Clear protocols will also be shortly communicated around suspected cases when these occur, ill students and outbreak management